Monday 24 June 2013

My Rock


You stood by me and saw me rise
You were my earth, my wings

You held my hands and let me soar
You were my steps, my core

You walked with me to new heights
You were my guide, my light

You flew with me to the sky
You were my flight, my eyes


My Rock


I fell down,
You stood by me
You stood by me to see me drown
You stood by me and saw me sink
You stood by me and saw me fail
You stood by me and saw me fall
You stood by me and never picked me up
You chained me and pushed me down


My Rock


Written for Poetry Jam with prompt - rock
Linked up with Toads
Image credit Flicker

30 comments:

  1. I found first half very romantic. However, second part is very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its sounds like now a days story...
    that person didn't hold you when you were
    falling form heights
    what i feel about any female is
    "her morals are to be respected"


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Roshan it happens quite a lot..and am glad you feel like that :)

      Delete
  3. Yeah. I've had relationships like that. Too rocky by far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,,ironies depicted very nicely...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rock lifts only to crush. Love happens that way at times....lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely way to put forth antithetical emotions. Positive in the first part and Negative in the second and fusing wonderfully in the middle in flight and fall. Liked it a lot

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! This is so beautiful, Sfurti!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I didn't see the second half of your poem coming .. nice writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love does this...it is a dizzy
    dance
    Painful, raw and real

    ReplyDelete
  10. ugh not the kind of rock i suspected...
    yep, dont need someone to weigh me down...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Liked the flip side of it.....but LOVED THE FIRST HALF...Lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shellymona...THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! :))

      Delete
  12. Lovely... we all need a rock like that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two very different views of the rock here. I hope your first poem is the true one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Peggy..yess I am blessed with a rock solid support!!! :D

      Delete

Leave Your Mark