Monday 31 March 2014

A for Abundance

Today marks the first day of a month long journey called AtoZ Challenge. Each day will be a new letter, a new word and a new expression from my pen. Right now I have a lot of nerves, eager anticipation and expectation of a wonderful journey with my co-bloggers. I hope I do justice to the month and to my theme. But before I share with you my first expression I would like to say a special thanks to Arlee Bird for initializing this wonderful concept and also join me in wishing him a very Happy Birthday.

Few days back I shared my theme for the month. You can read it in detail here. Daily I will share with you a few snippets of my normal day through Haiku (a form of Japanese poetry). I will try to cover as much as I can in 17 syllables or less. Though my rendition is more an adopted English version and it doesn’t follow the strict rule of 5-7-5 syllables of a Japanese Haiku.

A for Abundance
#AtoZChallenge
Day 1- A

"laughter galore
love overflowing
Abundance"

Each day, every day in my life starts with a feeling of abundance, a feeling of having more than enough love and joy.

What about you? Do you think you have enough? What is it that you want more and what are the things in your day that make you feel content/satisfied with your life?

A special mention of a special friend  "Vinay aka Leo" who blogs at artofleo. He not only introduced me to "Haiku" but taught me everything that I know about the form. I never had an opportunity to thank him for his support and patience. So here it is Leo I am ever thankful to you for not only guiding me but also being so patient with me inspite of my million questions and zillion mistakes. He is also doing AtoZ, please show him some love friends.



To know more about the challenge and to participate please click here

40 comments:

  1. Yay!! I am the first one to comment :D Or am I not?? Anyways.. a great start to the challenge. A really heart warming haiku. Good Luck for A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lot more to discuss about haiku with you I guess :) Karte hain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool... I want to learn haiku... So this post really helps. See you around!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Sfurti! Knock it off! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a coincidence !! Hey even I am doing a haiku theme !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! bookmarking you.. Haiku sounds a really interesting theme to do for the challenge!
    -www.vevisia.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely and thankful way to start with. Mentioning fellow bloggers, and linking them, in your own beautiful and positive post!! Smile spreads. :) 

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've really defined a challenge for yourself to do the month in Haiku - I salute your bravery! And love the initial offering.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Much Love. I hope your life is always filled with abundant goodness. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haiku - Simple yet powerful!!!! Btw Leo teach me too :P

    http://iamstri.wordpress.com/2014/04/01/achilles-heel-day1-atoz-challenge-2014/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haiku :) And, Abundance...I feel that in my life...truly :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. And what a lovely start :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. you rock at haikus now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know although I can manage poetry, I can never write Haiku. Hats off to you Sfurti :) Hope to read many more Haiku on this page. ( i have heard the plural of Haiku is also Haiku, is that true)?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Crisp. That's abundance for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good one Sfurti...wishing you abundance of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a great way to start the series. Very well written, Sfurti!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Where this is Love and Laughter, Abundance follows surely! Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice Haiku ! Wish you every thing in Abundance.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm also wishing I'm going to make it through the challenge - it's my first time to try.

    To answer your questions, yes I am satisfied but there is still a lot more I hope to do in this life. It keeps me busy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like Haiku is quite famous. Even Sirisha did it. All the best. I am also writing on my motherhood experiences.

    Best,
    The Sinhas at No 302
    http://sinhasat302.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Why did I not think of something so snappy as this? Way to go Sfurti. I am looking forward to 'KNOW' you more this April, than what I already do :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's a great feeling.. that of having all you want.. and a rare one too. As for summing it up in a Haiku.. that's Amazing. Never have been able to write one.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I never got a hold of writing haikus! this is a good one :) am writing about emotions..

    http://swathishenoy.blogspot.in/2014/04/a-for-anger.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. abundance of laughter and smiles :) how beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Abundance to you too, Sfruthi :) Looking forward to your next.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A lovely haiku to begin the challenge. Great to see friends thanking each other for helping them become better writers. Enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have never tried my hand at Haiku. You are tempting me to do so. Lovely start :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Well done, Ma'am.

    Yes, I go to bed making sure that I have thanked God for such a beautiful life.

    Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Haiku has always been elusive! Verses for that matter! But yours is beautiful! Wish you an abundantly happy AtoZ challenge ahead

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful write. Loved the haiku.... :)
    Thanks for sharing. Looking forward for more.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Haiku Love....Me want to learn Too....Abundance is a matter of perspective....Today I feel I am abundantly blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Abundance. Lovely. I am pleased to have started my day with that thought. Thanks so much for sharing- I look forward to the whole alphabet of your posts:)

    ReplyDelete
  35. My life is full of abundance. Great word. Enjoy the challenge!
    Play off the Page

    ReplyDelete
  36. May the abundance of love and laughter continue in your life. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful haiku. I'm a fan of this form of poetry, and have written some in the past. And abundance is a love word to choose. :) Well done! Enjoy the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Laughter and love are good things to have in abundance.

    J.L. Campbell writes at The Character Depot and the Jamaican Kid Lit Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I superlike A for Abundance. Haiku is a form that I didn't know of. Thank you for introducing it to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark