Wednesday 19 March 2014

Girl From Small Town

A girl from small town
A poet, a joker, a nosey clown
Runs around and laughs out loud
For she is thankful for the beautiful day

The blooming colors
The entwined garlands
The warmth and the chill in the air
Makes it a perfect day
A day she longs to remember
Through the year
A day she hopes will last
Through the year
A day she was born on
A day she wishes to live in
Forever
A day which is red, green and blue,
A day which is yellow, orange and brown
It is her birthday
Birthday of a girl from small town

No big parties,
No big gifts
She hopes for just
Small little bliss
Her friends,
Her family,
Her town
Around her
With her
Her world wrapped
In her world

Cheerful with smiles galore
Singing loudly
Rocking the floor
On her birthday
On my birthday

What more could I ask for
Small little moments of joy
On my birthday
For I am a just a girl
From a small town


(C) Juztamom 2014

Shared with Poets United Midweek Motif-Happy Birthday. A wonderful prompt to write on birthdays just a few days before my birthday :)

21 comments:

  1. So happy poem! It's a great to have your world of friends especially in the small town. :)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Humbird. Indeed one of the pleasures of living in a small town. :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a happy girl, having a happy day - made me smile! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry. I wanted to convey small and happy. :)

      Delete
  3. Love the freedom and joy expressed in this. Full of life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it really is a beautiful song!
    Happy Birthday to you!!!!
    celebrate spring

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have lots of small little bliss on the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It made me smile and I'm also a girl from a small town :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the poem Sfurti and yes the warmth of life in small towns, bumping into friends everywhere, reaching anywhere in the blink of an eye...its bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb.. simple yet brilliant. . :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. small town but with a large heart, having and making many friends....Happy Birthday to you...enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! I'm late to this celebration! AS I read, I see myself growing up country and happy for my day. I sure hope this is not just a small town thing, though the lack of materialism signifies something out of the mainstream (or at least life without much TV). Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is a small town girl gaana yaad agaya :) Sweet one !
    When is ur bday ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This so lovely and it really touched me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, how was your birthday, as Afshan asked?! Uska bhi post likho! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark