Saturday 1 March 2014

The Road Less Travelled

What is right for you,
May not be right for me
For what is right for all of you,
May not be right for tiny me

I am tiny but different
You are huge and indifferent
To me and my life,
My life and my choices
You are engrossed in your life,
Drowning in your rules
Pulling me down with your stones

You are what you were supposed to be
Not what you could have been
But
What if I don’t want to be you?
What if I don’t want to be defined?
What if I want to be, what I could be?
What could I be?

File:Flickr - Laenulfean - crossroads.jpg

I could only know if I travel the road I am not meant to be on
If I take the path unknown
If I scrape the landscape untouched
Only if I take the road not taken,

The road less travelled


(C) Juztamom 2014

Image credit here
Shared with Real toads. Inspired from one of my favorite poems "The Road not taken" by Robert Frost. You can read it here. I hope I did some justice to this wonderful piece.

12 comments:

  1. I think this is a splendid assertion of selfhood, certainly in keeping with Frost's own themes. I really enjoyed your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes great courage to take the road less traveled. Nice piece.

    Take care and keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You worked Frost in and around, using the words and tone of the poem to illustrate your point. I like this very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A road less travelled is such a great line.. like the defence you are making here..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely true!! Can relate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the boldness, and emphasis on uniqueness...nice tribute

    ReplyDelete
  7. That fork in the road and taking the less-used path takes commitment to self. You portray that nicely here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have taken a stand, stood your ground ... I enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This speaks so well the spirit of Frost's poem. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark