Sunday 23 June 2013

“Daddyhood”

Anyone can become a dad; but it takes a lot to be a dad
Daddyhood is not a day, Daddyhood is not a moment
Daddyhood is lifetime



It’s getting up in morning and seeing both of them safely tucked in with you
It’s the cup of milk vanished before I could look
Hours and hours of your struggles with crayons and outlines
It’s your patient learning and unlearning of nursery rhymes
It’s your arms around both of them before they could fall
It’s the silent tears in your eyes when they did fall
Every hug that came my way with a wink to you
Every kiss on my cheeks linked to you
It’s the awesome Maggi daddy ishtyle
Hours of Q&A with a smile

It’s the way you say a lot of things, without uttering a word
It’s the way you are there with us, even in your absence
It’s your knowing smile at the end of the day
It’s your gentle touch to wipe my worries away

I want to thank you for all these said and unsaid precious moments

Being with you has transformed my ordinary life into “an extraordinary journey”

"Dedicated to all  wonderful Dads who make Daddyhood as special as Mommyhood"



22 comments:

  1. wow !! being father ... so nicely expressed :)
    Daddys of the date are giving quite a nice competition to the mommies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maysay...yess they could and in my home he is a big big competition :)

      Delete
  2. I loved it. Could feel my young one by my side when I read it. Thanks for this article, specially in an era when men and dads are being buried away under the strong presence feminism :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Animesh :)

      I truly believe parenting is beyond gender...And dads play a key role in upbringing of kids (and I am not talking about the bread and butter bit)..It's high time we acknowledge this!

      Delete
  3. Very Very Nice..Really the words speak for itself

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wonderfully written and rn't daddy's r special people send from above who make sure that children r very well taken care of!!.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful sentiments and a delightful read. Sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice thank you note to a dad! :)
    Felt good reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is just so so lovely Sfurti ! I visualised ur hubby doing all that
    suddnly I feel like being more nice to my dad :(

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark