Tuesday 1 April 2014

Fire

A little flicker of hope
A huge flame of desire
When I ask self
If I will make it
It always answers back
In affirmative

I carry the hope
Deep in my heart
I bury it
and put the lid
It is better hidden
The flame of forbidden
Path that I will take
Road that I will cross
To fuel the spark
For a better tomorrow

But the light radiates
Through my eyes
Every time I see a bird fly
I open my arms
And feel the flight

I try my best
To control the urge
I try my best
To keep my surge
away from the prying eyes
But nothing shows like joy
Nothing glows like fire

File:Flame from a Burning Candle.JPG

I am sure one day
My joy will burst out of my pores
I am sure some day
My fire will burn through my eyes
And that day
It will either burn me
Or
I will burn it forever
But till then
I am happy
I am hopeful
And
I am burning

(C) Juztamom 2014

Shared with NaPoWriMo for an amazing prompt based on  Bibliomancy Oracle 
The oracle gave me these lines as the prompt:
 “But happiness too can be difficult to trust outdoors
Time and again without a roof it floats away”
FROM “Inclusivity Blueprint” by Kit Schluter

Image credit here 
Some of the fellow participants:
http://jaibalarao.com/   - Jaibala

9 comments:

  1. Wow...beautiful words :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh! That's some awesome verse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully done Sfurti.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! That's some beautiful lines capturing hope, desire and fire.. Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is such an inspiring poem, fills one with hope and desire :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I am sure one day
    My joy will burst out of my pores
    I am sure some day
    My fire will burn through my eyes"

    How very well written! Quite an honest effort with the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Sfurti, beautiful. Have I told you anytime that I love you? If not, I confess my love darling. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fire has always mystified me. And I love the part where you say the fire will either burn you up or you will burn it. Its beautiful, truly beautiful- Nits

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark