Sunday 6 April 2014

F For Failure

Snippet Of A Day In My Life

"Falling off the slide
Last at finish line
Lesson learnt"

AtoZ Challenge
F Family


F for failure is A-Okay. Why not? Every failure, every fall teaches us something. Most importantly you learn the importance of getting up and trying again after falling down. I have tried my best to instill this in my 5 year old and as both of them grow up I hope I am able to erase any fear of failure from their minds. Failure is okay!

Even as a mother as much as I want to, I am not perfect. I fail in so many things but I try to never give up. Trust me this is a tough role for me. It is so much easier to become a parent than actually being one. I fail, I reflect, I learn and I move on. Failure is A-Okay!

Some of the blogs that I love from Day 5 are listed below. Do show them some love.
Hrishikesh's Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
Vinay's E3 
Piper George's E Is For Live


To know more about the challenge and to participate please click here

23 comments:

  1. I know it must be tough na...I don't take failures very graciously...it takes me so much time..wonder what kind of mom I'll turn out to be...

    Random Thoughts Naba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gem of a poem Sfurti. Lesson learnt indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of posts about failure today. Failure is a part of life, no one likes it but it sure makes us learn, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. TO an extent. Shouldering and suffering under someone else's failure is a different matter, altogether harder, and not fair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved reading. Failure indeed teaches us more than anything else can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hurt is there for some time...but instead of giving up we must come back with an vengeance if at all we want to see ourselves winning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We learn all the time, more so from failures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all do our best. Sometimes we stumble, and fall. You only have to get up, dust yourself and keep going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Failure and mistakes are necessary but one shouldn't make a habit of it :)

    PhenoMenon
    http://throodalookingglass.com/2014/04/fact-or-fiction/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, it is very important that we teach our kids that failing is ok. You are a fantastic mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Failure is a part of life. The earlier they learn that, the happier they can be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Failure is of course Okay and many parents fail to imbibe this in their kids. good that U r doign ur job :)
    good day

    ReplyDelete
  13. To quote Thomas Wayne: Why do we fall? To pick ourselves again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful lesson to share with your kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the line "it is easier to become a parent than being one". So true. To learn to accept failure is the most valuable lesson they can learn. Lovely post sfurti :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You put it rightly that it is important to get up & start again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is tough to know that one has failed, but success can only come if we dust ourselves and try one more time. Lovely haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That was a deeply thoughtful haiku! Failures are a must to taste the sweetness of success!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thats such an important lesson to teach your kinds....failure is absolutely ok....what matters is how you react to it. Take it as a lesson learnt and move on. Loved the verse at the start of the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. There IS an eraser at the end of a pencil. :)
    Dagny

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well said, failure is a great teacher and it allows you to learn some of the most valuable life lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Honest to the core! Yes, we all stumble, get back and move on. It's okay. Failure is A-Okay. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark