Sunday 20 April 2014

Let Me Be

Let me walk at my own pace
Let me grow as I want
Don’t make me grow up fast
Let me grow up first

I have yet to learn the A,B,C of life
Don’t make me learn it by heart
Let me live it and learn it
I promise I will never forget
I promise I will always remember
All the important lessons
That I learn through life
Not just learn by heart

I want to run, jump and slide
I want go up and up on the ride
The green grass and the muddy bush
Let me play there a little while
Please don’t hold my hand and push
Let me walk a little mile
On my own
Let me fall
Let me get up
On my own
Let me learn the lessons
Lessons I promise I will never forget
That I learn through life
Not just learn by heart

Come walk with me
The roads are dirty
But they are full of fun
Come be my friend
Keep me sturdy
Be my sun
I promise I will shine
Through your light
I promise I will be a bright star
May be not as bright
As some other star
But as bright as I could learn
AS bright as you let me learn
I promise I will always keep the light
I promise I will always shine
I promise I will remember everything
That I learn through life
Not just learn by heart

(C) Juztamom

Shared with NaPoWriMo. The prompt was a challenge to write a poem in the voice of a member of your family. This poem is on behalf of every child I know. I wish we let the kids be kids for some more time before we pressure them to be a part of any rat race.


Some of the fellow participants:
http://jaibalarao.com/   - Jaibala

3 comments:

  1. Sfooo......again almost the same thing :) lovely poem....I agree we must just let every child be :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I know...My nephew is not even 2 and a half years old and he will be starting school soon..Apparently this is the age kids start school nowadays!

    R for Ready-Random Thoughts Naba

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem and I agree with every single word you have expressed ...we need to let them free and live their childhood to the fullest :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark