Saturday 12 October 2013

Naked

Naked in my dreams
Falling through sky
Panting and dry
Running from wolfs
Sitting on a tree
Sinking in fire
Burning in water
I am naked in my dreams

My visions are weird
My lovers are none
My heart is bleeding
And I am running from guns
I cut and I throttle
I cry and I smother
I wear my tears
I live in my fears
And I am naked
Naked in my dreams


My follies are my thoughts
My fiends are my friends
I live in a never land
With bricks and stones to eat
I kick everyone around
And I get kicks
And I am naked
Naked in my dreams

I get on the roof
And look down
Only thing I can see
Is the dark and brown
Of my unknown thoughts
Of my bare soul
Of my stomach pit
Brown and black
Black and grey
Covered in ashes
Smeared in blood
Clenching my teeth
Gritting my guts
Wearing nothing but me
I am naked

Naked in my dreams
Dead in my sleep
Falling and dying
Sinking and running
From me
I don’t know why
I am naked in my dreams



Writer's note: The prompt suggested we write about our darker sides. My dreams are my darkest side...they always have been. I still call them dreams and not nightmares because I am not scared of them..may be they reflect my negetive mind frame that most of the times I refuse to acknowledge.

47 comments:

  1. Pure Beauty....


    ajiteja.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel this is lyric. I feel the darkness and the speakers horror at who she is in that netherworld. I enjoyed it. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written with rhythm and flow. Thank the Lord this is only dream state!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this - it's energy, movement, honesty, and ahem, you seem to be in my dreams there? Superb!

    http://wp.me/p2Mm4H-9q

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Wearing nothing but me
    I am naked" are my favorite lines. Though there were so many other powerful lines in the poem you write. Its not just a poem, its an insight! So much to say but words cannot summarize my thoughts currently. Also I loved your spirit of still calling them dreams and not being afraid of them. You are one strong women!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aavika. I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  6. This is so lovely...I really enjoyed reading this.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely !! just like bushra said

    ReplyDelete
  8. Read your two poems, this one and the one on being alive. You weave words so lyrically, and can add magic to dark feelings. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the last para the most :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. perhaps it is safe to be afraid and naked in dreams, because they are not reality?

    ReplyDelete
  11. in dreams sometimes we are what we feel deep inside... powerful poem...

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Naked in my dreams
    Dead in my sleep
    Falling and dying
    Sinking and running
    From me
    I don’t know why
    I am naked in my dreams"

    Just beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very Nice Poem, . . . A G+ for Ur Post and Have a nice Day. . .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant! I love the flow of this one. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This reminds me of an animated short I watched pre-Oscar called "Feral." I did not understand it, truly, but the sense of naked wildness was there. In your piece, the threat from outside does not overpower that of the narrator, nor is there fear. You left that for the reader to worry about, and it worked on me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Sfurti, what a passionate words....sometimes we keep our life deep inside from others, hiding the truth, so we get relaxed in our sleep...~ here the link, may be it will of help. Thanks for sharing! <3 http://dreammoods.com/cgibin/dreamdictionarysearch.pl?method=exact&header=dreamsymbol&search=naked

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, those dreams sound heavy, and you have written them well, drawing the reader into their vortex. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great writing! I'm always trying to connect with the meaning of my dreams. Yours sound fantastic. <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. that is the true fearless and grand self without inhibitions....lovely lines Sfurti...

    ReplyDelete
  20. a bit hallucinatory ~

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow that's a very deep and dark dream, the descriptions very detailed. Maybe it means to fight all the inhibition. Very well written

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm amazed at how well you write about the dark side so poetically: well done! :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark