Thursday 5 September 2013

7 Things My Friends Taught Me

Like anyone else I have a long list of friends, some real, some virtual, some I rarely talk to and to some I bare all when I talk to. There are some I have lost touch with through time but I really loved them, there are some who are in touch but are annoying. And then there are some....who are still there...after everything I did....after everything I didn’t do. They are still there and I am sure they will always be there for me. Ofcourse this happens rare and I have few such friends. But I am lucky enough to have them. This post is dedicated to all such friends...and a special mention of someone very special..my bestest friend. [You know I am talking about you and I hope you read this]

A list of few things that my closest friends taught me:

1) Stay positive: I think a lot and have been through difficult times in past. And I have a habit of living in those moments but I am thankful to those special people in my life who are there to infuse positivity in my life. Who again and again remind me of all the things that are beautiful and all the things that are right.

2) Give and take: Yes...I tend to get selfless, have a blind spot for people I truly love and ignore my own life. There have been a lot who have used this trait in me and have never come back but there are few who taught me to ask, demand, and grab love for myself. Nothing wrong in that. Nothing wrong in being selfish sometimes. With time I have learnt that the most satisfying and content relationship would always be based on give and take.

3) Slow down/Take a break: My sabbatical is partly courtesy of a close friend who inspite of no social/family responsibility took a break from her job. She had guts and she went after something that she wanted from her life. When I was taking the plunge her life stood in front of me and gave me courage to do it

4) Get out: I am a frog in a well. I like being in a pajama and not going out. Really I do. But I do get out and I do that religiously. Again this is courtesy of a special friend who pushed me out of my slumber and who still does it when she sees me lazing around.

5) Take it easy: I have learnt to not overthink and worry about everything. Worrying is inbuilt in me, I am one of those people who always worry, always think and are always prepared for worst but thanks to a lot of friends I have learnt to let go, take it easy...worry a little less [May be still worry a lot but know how to curb it down]

6) Answer my phone: I don’t like doing that still in all fairness. I don’t like being reachable all the time but I know now there are people who would also worry for me and not everything or every phone call is about me. So I try and answer calls as many times as I can [Though I still don’t do it everytime but I have improved a lot]

7) Chat: Last but not the least. I am thankful to all those who taught me to chat on internet. I am glad I explored it though I initially hated it. Hence a special thanks to a special friend. She pushed me into internet world and I am yet to come out of it.


These were a few things my friends taught me. What about you? Who is your best friend? What have you learned from him/her?



15 comments:

  1. Indeed...very well written...like to read more from u!

    www.numerounity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ekta. I am glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  2. Love the post... i too learn point 1,3,4,5 from friends only.
    I agree you still dnt pick up ur phone...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I so do pick the phone duddette!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Will I be repeating myself if I say beautiful!
    Friends indeed are a great part of life, I can never point out what all they taught me but I know, good or bad I have many qualities that I have inherited from them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friends are forever, aren't they, and more so in your case since you have such good friends from whom you have learnt such nice life skills...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss they are and we are blessed to have them around :)

      Delete
  5. I, too, have such awesome friends who taught the essence of life. They are my strengths and taught me on the need to embrace life, dare and stay positive. They are the siblings we never had. I too left ma job wo any security and searching for a new opportunity. Yeah! I don't have a financial backing but I am glad I followed my heart:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best of luck to you...I am sure you will flourish and progress on your chosen path :)

      Delete
  6. If they have taught these beautiful things then they are friends for life...:)Lovely post

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think friends teach us a lot and a lot of how we grow, we owe to them.

    My bestie really taught me how have more faith in myself, trust my instincts a little bit more. My friend is my biggest support and my biggest critic.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kajal..so true..they do teach us a lot!!!!!!!

      Delete
  8. So important to stay positive! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark