Friday 5 August 2016

Did You?

Walking barefoot I reach, the end 
of earth 
You are not there 
But you said you will meet me, where 
the earth ends, where 
there is death, where  
there is dark, and where 
there is light 


I am here 
Naked of my body 
bathed in darkness 
covered in light 
waiting for you

I float in the air 
I grasp all souls passing by 
There are so many 
Some bleeding 
Some crying 
Some tearing their own body 
Some tearing their souls 
I am one of them 
Here 
At the end 


You said, 
You will come 
You did say 
Did you? 
Did I hear you? Or 
did I hear my heart, 
Thinking wishfully, that 
You will be there 
If not in life 
At the least 
In death!

Black Magic Woman by desperadofromhell

Image credit here


Linking this post with BarAThon Day 6: Wishful thinking. I am with Team #CrimsonRush

11 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful and poignant composition. It touched my heart in a certain way...really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so poignant and so heart-breakingly beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful take on love until death and further! The image you've selected is a perfect compliment for the dark setting you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're good at this Sfurti. Such yearning for someone that the should seeks her/him put even after death.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just hope she hears from him one day!

    Cheers
    Geets

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very soulful and pensive. Sometimes things are just not meant to be. Beautifully penned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the part where you think you heard your heart... times when reality and dreams are on borderline.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sigh, quite a pathos-filled poem. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is you know something extra, your words really affects me from within, I have started reading casually than becomes serious while reading downwards, every line carries a lot of meaning.
    Thank you so much for posting this.
    Touched.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a desperate verse! And the picture captures of so well, too.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Your Mark