Sunday 7 August 2016

Promise

I have seen you closely
I know you, like
I know myself
You were always there
Even when I didn't want to


I begged you to leave me,
I prayed you would
I hid in my heart,
you were there
I hid in my mind,
you were there
You became my best friend
Even when I dreaded you,
You were the only one always there


You were taking away my body
You were taking away my mind
I knew what I had to
But I still didn't do
Till
I had no other option
But to let go
You had started breaking my soul


So I promised to save
Whatever was left of me,
my heart, and
my soul


It was a beautiful day,
I promised to
keep you at bay: fear


It was the most beautiful day
When fear gave way to
Courage
Determination
Laughter
And
love!

Fairy Dust by desperadofromhell


Image credit here


Linking this post with BarAThon Day 7: Promise. I am with Team #CrimsonRush







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Your Mark